The ‘CHANCE’ project
The ‘CHANCE – Changing lives by community engagement’ project’s main goal is to contribute to the implementation of effective community-based measures. It aims to develop a set of policy- and practice-related recommendations for child-friendly and rehabilitative community-based measures in Europe: it is coordinated by Freedom Gate Greece and co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union in the KA2 framework.
The principal direct beneficiaries of the project will be professionals from youth justice services, local authorities and NGOs which implement community-based sentences on their premises. In turn, the children and young people faced with these sanctions will be the indirect beneficiaries.
By conducting the project in a transnational manner, the project will build on existing good practices, evaluating them in different cultural and judicial contexts in order to extrapolate them at the European level.
The expected results of this project will be to develop and transfer the implementation of innovative practices at organisational, local, regional, national or European levels. They are expected to bring positive and long-lasting effects on policy systems in which such actions are framed, both for the participating organisations as well as for the organisations and persons directly or indirectly involved in the organised activities:
- Promoting the implementation of alternative measures to deprivation of liberty for children in conflict with the law.
- Upgrading the skills of professionals working with children in conflict with the law, increasing their effectiveness and broadening their knowledge, as well as the quality of activities carried out.
- Awareness-raising through dissemination of proper information on the positive effects of implementing community-based measures.
- Probation Services of Greece
- Fundación Diagrama, Spain
- UISP Comitato Territoriale Cirie Settimo Chivasso, Italy
- Silta-Valmennusyhdistys ry, Finland
- Asociația Județeană “Sportul Pentru Toți” SUCEAVA, Romania
- European Strategies Consulting, Romania
- UPSDA United Professionals for Sustainable Development Association, Bulgaria
- Courage Foundation, Bulgaria
All the News updated here
For Facebook Page about CHANGE Project click HERE
Project started in september 2019 – ongoing